Smart technologies from Austria for the cities of the future
Smart City is a term now used to describe a range of holistic approaches to urban development. Aimed at making cities greener, more efficient, more caring and more technologically advanced, these design concepts embrace technology-based innovations as well as economic and societal change in urban environments.
One thing common to all these technologies is that they improve quality of life and make our cities more intelligent and environmentally friendly through smart resource management; cities are increasing in size throughout the world, and their structures are growing more complex even as resources become scarcer. Forecasts anticipate that some 85 per cent of the population of Europe will be living in cities by 2050.
Austria is one of the top nations in the field of (digital) technologies for Smart Cities, thanks to its innovation skills, but the central plank of the Smart City road map is cooperation, both between research institutes and the city’s authorities and inhabitants and the various elements of an intelligent city. Austrian companies’ achievements and reliability have earned them an unparalleled reputation for bringing innovative products and services to market.
You can find out more about the range of services provided by the Austrian Smart City/Smart Technologies sector in the latest edition of FRESH VIEW, the industry specialist magazine, which showcases more than 160 Austrian firms from the ‘Smart Mobility’, ‘Smart Energy and Environmental Technology’, ‘Smart ICT Infrastructure’ and ‘Security’ sectors:
FRESH VIEW on Smart Cities, Nr. 157/2015 [pdf, 13,123.5kb]
- Last modified
- FRESH VIEW on Smart Cities, Nr 157/2015 [pdf, 13,123.5 kb]
- Find out more about construction and infrastructure
- Find out more about consulting and engineering
- Find out more about renewable energies
- Find our more about environmental technologies
- Find out more about transport and logistics
- Find out more about safety and security
- Find out more about health and medical technologies
- Find out more about information and communication technologies (ICT)