Here you can see and modify the cookie settings of various tools used on and related subdomains.

Save settings
Advantage Austria Show navigation

All-time high for business location projects in Austria

10. April 2015

276 international companies established new business operations in Austria last year, the majority in the capital city of Vienna.

Austria’s national investment promotion company ABA-Invest in Austria provided professional assistance for 276 foreign investment projects in 2014. This represents an increase of 21% on 2013 and an all-time high in the company’s 33-year history. Total investment rose by almost 7% to EUR 371m, while the number of new jobs created jumped to 2,645 (+79%).

Germany was the most important investor nation with 88 companies establishing business operations in Austria (+4%). The number of businesses from Italy was also very positive, with the best results of all time: a total of 43 Italian companies set up operations in Austria in 2014 (+23%). There has been a striking increase in interest from CEE and SEE countries: with 74 companies, this group accounted for 27% of all ABA business location projects.

Austria’s appeal as a business location lies in its function as a hub to Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe, the skilled and qualified workforce, high stability and legal security. These factors are complemented by secure energy supply and the high standard of living.

The outlook for 2015 is extremely bright: ABA is currently supporting 737 international companies with a concrete interest in establishing operations in Austria, 6% more than the previous year.