Imports 2019: EUR 157.97 billion
Exports 2019: EUR 153.79 billion
The export quota 2019 (product and service exports as a percentage of GDP) was at 55.6 %.
The most important trade partners are:
Austria's proximity to Central and Eastern European states is a key factor in the increasing significance of trade and the economic networking with these countries. The share of Austrian exports in these regions reached 16.21% in 2019.
The most important product groups for export are:
- Mechanical engineering and terotechnology
- Vehicles and automotive parts
- Iron,Steel and metal goods
- Food and drinks
- Medical and pharmaceutical products
- Synthetics and synthetic products
- Paper and cardboard
Austrian exports are also heavily influenced by service exports, with tourism taking first place in this sector.