Africa-India Innovation Challenge
The business opportunities that the Business and Sustainable Development Commission provides for sustainable business amounts up to USD 12 trillion. A large part of this is in Africa and India. AUSSENWIRTSCHAFT AUSTRIA is looking for sustainable products and services from Austrian corporates and startups that want to exploit the potential African and Indian markets. The best companies will pitch on March 9, 2020 in front of a jury of African and Indian experts.
Vienna: World Summit Award - an event that inspires and connects you with global mastermind leaders. The pitching will take place in Vienna. All companies invited to pitching have free access to the World Summit Award and can go through the entire seminar and lecture program.
The pitching itself will take place on March 9th. The jury will consist of:
- Mariana Kühnel M.A., Deputy Secretary General of the Austrian Chamber of Commerce
- Darshann Chandaria, Chandaria Industries (Kenya)
- Prof. Madara Ogot, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research, Innovation and Enterprise at Nairobi University (Kenya)
- Osama Manzar, Digital Empowerment Foundation (India)
- Indumini Kudikara, Information & Communication Technology Agency
Prizes include free participation in an exciting innovation program in Nairobi (Kenya) and Bangalore (India). The following prizes will also be awarded:
- For 1st place: EUR 3,000 in travel expenses for Kenya and EUR 3,000 in India, sponsored by the Junge Wirtschaft of the WKÖ.
- For 2nd place: EUR 2,000.- travel cost support for Kenya and EUR 2,000.- for India, sponsored by Mercer Austria, and Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft FFG.
- For 3rd place: EUR 1,000.- travel cost support for Kenya and EUR 1,000.- for India, sponsored by Oesterreichische Entwicklungsbank (OeEB) and Austria wirtschaftsservice, aws.
Landing Zone Nairobi on the occasion of Nairobi Innovation Week.
The Nairobi Innovation Week in early June 2020 is the top innovation event in East Africa. Nairobi has developed a strong startup ecosystem over the years. Many African success stories begin here. In addition to visiting the Nairobi Innovation Week, participants can dock on the accelerator program, where they can gain valuable know-how of the East African business scene and further work on the contacts made during the occasion of the Innovation Week.
Landing Zone Bangalore on the occasion of the TechSparks conference
The Techsparks conference in Bangalore in early October 2020 is India's leading startup event, where startups, executives, policy makers, investors, innovators and media companies come together. TechSparks also offers, among other things, "Investor-Startup Speed Dating Sessions", in which you can pitch directly in front of selected investors. By docking on the accelerator program at CoWorks Foundry in Bangalore, you get valuable know-how of the Indian startup scene and can further process the contacts made on the occasion of the Techsparks on site. Furthermore, a visit to India's largest incubation center T-Hub in Hyderabad gives you access to mentors and you can exchange ideas with industry experts.
The course of the action and further information
The submission of your business idea / product / service for the pitching is possible until February 28, 2020.
- The program of the World Summit Awards, 8.-11. March 2020, can be found here.
- Conditions of participation for the domestic event (preparatory workshop 8.3. & Pitching 9.3.). By participating, you also agree to the terms and conditions of the WSA
- Participation in pitching in Austria is free of charge
- The participation fee for the on-site program in Kenya and India for EUR 900 each will be paid for the winners and the finalists by the AUSSENWIRTSCHAFT AUSTRIA. Participation for all others is possible for EUR 900 each (non-WKO members each EUR 1,800)
Do you have any questions or are you interested?
- In Austria
AUSSENWIRTSCHAFT Network Projects International | Contact person: Markus Haas | E email@example.com | T +43 (0) 5 90 900 - 4186
- In Kenya
AußenwirtschaftsCenter Nairobi | Contact person: Edith Predorf, Commercial Counsellor | E firstname.lastname@example.org | T +254 20 776 2390
- In India
AußenwirtschaftsCenter New Delhi | Contact person: Vera Fritsch | Innovation Officer | E email@example.com | T +91 11 4363 5020