CANCELLED - PROPAK EAST AFRICA 2020
Kenya and the wider East African region offer a huge amount of potential a reason why the organisers of Propak East Africa decided to hold such a large scale event. Even though there be may different events around the world but the following few facts about Kenya highlights the great opportunity for companies to enter, develop and grow in the it
- Kenya is the largest economy in the region- According to the IMF, Kenya's current and forecast GDP per capita is higher than Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania
- Plastic consumption set to increase 60% by 2020
- Packaging exports will grow from $5 billion to $7 billion
- International companies that have their headquarters in Kenya are Google, IBM, Toyota, CocaCola, Standard Chartered and Microsoft
- Kenya is considered one of the most politically stable countries in Sub-Saharan Africa due to the wide democratic space
- Kenya is part of the East African Community (EAC), an intergovernmental organisation together with Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda. The EAC is a free trade area that now includes member states from COMESA and SADC
- Kenya has the best trade links in the whole of Eastern and Central Africa. Nairobi airport and Mombasa port are the busiest trade spots in this region.
- There is an extremely strong private sector that has developed in Kenya due to friendly market policies.
- Kenya is the highest trading country in the region making up 37% of trades
- Silicon Savanah (officially called Konza) is the technology city in the outskirts of Nairobi and makes Kenya the tech hub of Africa
- The Foreign Investors Act of 1964 protects foreign investors and allows repatriation of earnings
- Kenya is ranked number one in the world for mobile money transaction
- Vision 2030 which was created by the Kenyan goverment to help strategize its growth and development is on progress.
- The number of US$ Millionaires in Kenya is growing twice the global rate. By 2024 the number will have increased by 74%
Don't miss to participate in this great event by contacting the organizers !