Join our ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA Team in Hong Kong and help us support Austrian companies doing business in the region and to promote Austria as a business location. You will become a member of a small, multi-cultural team. Our office is located in Central Hong Kong.
Your responsibilities will include market research and outreach to local companies and organizations, assisting with organizing events and trade fairs, and promoting Austrian companies as reliable innovative business partners.
Your main Tasks
- B2B marketing/market research, mainly in industry sectors (machinery and investment goods, smart city technologies)
- identification of business partners/new market sectors
- Summarize offer of Austrian products and services for potential business partners
- Correspondence, phone calls and personal meetings with local and Austrian business partners
- Updating our Customer Relation Management (database) in English
- support in event organization and direct marketing (b2b)
- We are a small team so you might also need to assist ad-hoc with other tasks if the need arises.
- University degree: MSc or equivalent, preferably in business or international relations
- at least 2 years of work experience
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English. Cantonese, Mandarin or German is a plus.
- Strong self-motivation, creative and pragmatic work approach
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Outgoing personality, ready to communicate via telephone and in person with local and Austrian business partners
You will be employed by the Austrian Trade Commissioner for Hong Kong and Macao. The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer an MPF scheme, annual leave, maternity leave, and sickness allowance.
Interested? Please send us your application together with a short letter of motivation, a full resume, stating availability and salary expectations to E: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications received are solely for selection purposes.
The Austrian Trade Commission (ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA Hong Kong) is the official representation of Austrian business in Hong Kong and China promoting international trade and investment relations and fostering an innovation dialogue between the region and Austria. We advise Austrian companies on how to do business with Hong Kong and Macao, compile market reports and tailor-made research, establish contacts to potential business partners and experts, assist incoming Austrian companies with their business trip schedules and appointments and also draft programmes for incoming Austrian business delegations. Our 9-person office also organizes over 20 b2b-events annually, e.g. Austrian pavilions at leading trade shows , startup-events and Austrian-Hong Kong business conference. We work closely together with other ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA offices in Greater China.