Access to knowledge-relevant networks is a strategic asset for the future of any company. ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA, the Austrian Trade Commission in Stockholm, is now looking for an Innovation Expert to help Austrian companies connect with innovative leaders in the Nordics.
JOB TITLE: INNOVATION EXPERT
This is a full time position; the employment contract is initially for a period until March 2023, with an option for extension. Starting date: as soon as possible.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Developing and executing an innovation strategy for the region
- Matching Austrian businesses with local technology provider
- Scouting innovation, technology and future trends in the Nordics with a view on market opportunities
- Acting as a contact point for research and innovation centers and attending technology events in the region
- Supporting Austrian companies with access to venture capital firms, private investors and business angels, as well as with advice on licensing, cross-licensing and research projects
- Organising events incl. trade fair participation
- Communicating results through reports and social media activities
QUALITIES WE LOVE
- You have a strong network, a high interest in the innovation scene of the Nordics as well as technical understanding.
- You are experienced in cross-border business relationships and show a high degree of intercultural sensitivity.
- You are a people person with above average communication skills, analytical thinking and a solution-oriented mindset.
- You possess an excellent knowledge of English and Swedish; German and any other Scandinavian language is a definite advantage.
- You are a dedicated team-player with excellent project management skills and a high proficiency in working independently.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A full-time position, for the time being limited until March 2023
- A competitive salary depending on your level of experience
- A pleasant workplace in the heart of Östermalm with easy access to public transport
- International travel activity
- 70 years of expertise in cross-border coaching and business consultancy
Advantage Austria Stockholm is the Commercial Section of the Austrian Embassy in Stockholm and the official and permanent representation of Austrian businesses in Sweden. It is one of 110 service centres in over 70 countries. From here, we coordinate the work of a total of 16 industry and trade experts in Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki and Copenhagen.
Please send your application with CV and cover letter in electronic format (PDF files only) in English to Lisa Streng-Schmidt (email@example.com | reference: Application – Innovation Expert) by 31 October 2021. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.