Some 20+ Austrian participants participated at the 2021 Virtual Edition of the “Belt and Road Summit” on September 1 and 2, 2021. Attendees were encouraged to visit the “ABA-Invest in Austria” booth to learn how they could make use of the location Austria to expand into Europe. In the “Project Gallery” an Austrian company was reaching out to potential investors for the “Water Fund Agenda 2030, Water of Life” project to acquire a portfolio of premium natural water wells in Europe.
Due to Austria’s strong economic relations with Eastern Europe and the Western Balkans, a region also covered by the Chinese Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) with particularly high need for infrastructure investment, the initiative also offers opportunities for more cooperation between Chinese/Hong Kong and Austrian companies. The Vienna Chamber of Commerce and Industry therefore decided to lead a virtual business delegation to the Forum.
Austrian infrastructure and service providers like engineering companies, smart city technologies providers and banks are very familiar with Central and Eastern Europe and could team up with Chinese and Hong Kong partners to realize projects in the region. Chinese and Hong Kong companies could also work together with Austrian companies for other third markets covered by BRI.
Some reasons why it makes sense for international companies to team up with Austrian partners or to make use of the business location Austria to conquer the European markets:
• is situated in the heart of the European Union with access to 500 Mio. European customers and is the gateway to the Eastern European market
• is a modern, developed country with excellent infrastructure and English widely spoken
• offers some of Europe’s most attractive tax schemes for international investors (group taxation, double taxation treaties with Hong Kong and PR China)
• puts a great emphasis on research (universities, applied R&D centres, tax benefits)
• is together with its capital Vienna ranked the top in terms of quality of life and the world’s best location to live
More Info about business location Austria at http://www.investinaustria.at/